Friday, December 23, 2011

CHRIST

Me: reading the bumper sticker off a car in front of us. "Keep Christ in Christmas"

McLovin: I agree... It's a Christmas Tree not a Holiday Tree. Get it right.

Me: No, I'm pretty sure they mean Christ. As in little baby Jesus Christ.

McLovin: No, That can't be right. Everyone knows about baby Jesus Christ... They must be talking about the tree...

Me: There is a picture of a manger on the sticker... It's not about the tree. The tree has nothing to do with Jesus.

McLovin: Exactly... That's why it's called a Christmas Tree and not a Jesus Tree...

Me: .........

McLovin: Judging by your silence I can tell you agree.

PS - This morning I saw McLovin practicing handing someone a gift... He would pick up the gift. Extend his arm and say Merry Christmas. Put the gift back down and look at it. Pick it up again. Extend his arm and say Merry Christmas. Living with him is like living with an alien who is trying to understand human interaction. I think I might start secretly filming him. There has to be a documentary in his Pod behavior. Am I right?

So, Happy Holidays! Merry Festivus, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever else you celebrate! Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment